DICE ha annunciato l'arrivo di una patch per la versione PC di Battlefield 3 previsto per il 6 dicembre, ovvero martedì.
L'aggiornamento include diverse correzioni di bug e bilanciamenti vari, l'aggiunta di una modalità cromatica differente per i daltonici e alcune delle aggiunte che si completeranno con l'arrivo di Back to Karkand previsto per il 13 dicembre. Qua sotto l'elenco delle modifiche apportate dalla patch, in Inglese, come riportato dal sito ufficiale di Battlefield 3.
- Fixed a problem where player who joined queuing on End of round got spawn screen stuck on screen, but unable to do anything with it until next round loaded
- Fixed a problem where TV guided missiles could be shot into its own helicopter and destroy it
- Added alternate HUD colors to help those with colorblindness
- Fixed a problem with smoke on land vehicles, Missiles should now miss more often
- Fixed a problem where the user was unable to revive two players that have the bodies one over the other
- Fixed a problem where you could get green flashes on screen
- Fixed several weapons so they are properly suppressed and hide the player on the mini-map when fired
- Tweaked Tactical Light so it is not as blinding over longer ranges
- Tweaked the IRNV scope so it is limited to usage only at close range
- Reduced the damage done to Armored Vehicles and Infantry from AA guns
- Increased the damage RPGs and Tank shells do to AA vehicles
- Slightly Increased the power of Fighter Jet Cannons against all vehicle targets, especially Helicopters